CheckdMedia, based in Manchester, is one of the UK’s fastest growing sports media businesses with a portfolio of owned and operated brands - including Footy Accumulators, The Winners Enclosure and Oddschanger.
With c.1.7million fans across multiple social media platforms and c.750,000 unique users on owned and operated platforms, CheckdMedia works with some of the biggest betting brands in the country to amplify their message and offers alongside high-quality content which drives an engaged community of followers.
The company - like its brands - is youthful and vibrant with a fun culture which allows its staff to take the initiative to grow their skill sets along with their audiences.
This Brand Editor role will be key to the development of one of the UK’s fastest growing digital betting brands. The successful applicant will work as part of a team and have an exciting remit which involves growing all areas of audience and revenues, from web to app to social platforms.
The Brand Editor will have a strong sense of the type of content punters crave. From expert previews, tips and statistical analysis to razor-sharp or fun visuals which tell a story in an insightful and colourful way. The role will also include the execution of a promotional strategy which maintains your brands position as a strong affiliate partner to major UK bookmakers, as well as a content partner for gambling and non-gambling clients. The ability to understand analytics and use the insight they provide to grow audience is another area which will be invaluable, as well as a basic knowledge of SEO. The role will require some weekend and out-of-hours work, and the successful applicant will have a great work ethic and the desire to function effectively as part of a team to deliver success.
Key Responsibilities ·
- Produce a wide range of content on all platforms, including but not limited to text, images and video
- Deliver on KPIs which include the growth of cross-platform audience and promotional revenues
- Apply best practices across social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
- Identify and create content strands which will work on web and social media platforms
- Understand what type of content does (and does not) resonate among football punters
- Use analytics to inform which content should be produced in order to grow audience
Skills & Knowledge
- A sports journalism qualification and/or experience in sports journalism
- A strong knowledge of football and of sports betting
- Strong writing and production skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience in using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to promote content
- Strong sense of visuals and the power of images/video in storytelling
- A working knowledge of social media analytics, Google Analytics and SEO
- A working knowledge of video and photo editing tools is preferred
Personal Competencies Required
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Bonus scheme
- Pension (3% employer contribution)
- Minimum of 28 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays)
- Loyalty holiday scheme
- Travel loan scheme
- Pool, darts, chess and PS4 at lunch times
- Free fruit & breakfast
- Vending machine
If you would like to apply for the above role, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter via the apply link.
Failure to send the requested information will slow down your application.
Once again thank you for wanting to be part of the CheckdMedia team.